The Gear Up Business Entities seminar is designed by tax practitioners for tax practitioners. It is the most comprehensive update and review of tax and economic issues facings small businesses. This course includes coverage of recent legislation, case law developments, and relevant notices, announcements, revenue rulings and procedures to help the busy practitioner stay current.
- Voluntary paid leave (and refundable payroll tax credits) modified by CAA, 2021 and ARPA.
- The employee retention credit – the good, the bad and the just plain ugly.
- ARPA’s COBRA premium assistance for assistance eligible individuals and Form 941 implications.
- Federal income tax ramifications of PPP loan forgiveness, including sample journal entries.
- Overview of the shuttered venue operator grant (SVOG) and restaurant revitalization grant programs.
- Payroll tax deferral – employees (Notice 2021-11) and employers (CARES Act Sec. 2302).
- Temporary rules for health and dependent care flexible spending arrangements (FSAs).
- Federal tax consequences of EIDL grants and advances, and subsidies for certain SBA loan payments.
- Modifications to C corporation charitable contribution deduction limits.
- Notice 2021-25 – restaurants and 100% deductible meals.
- Modifications for farming loss NOLs.
- Disaster tax relief and 2021 tax extenders.
- IRC Sec. 163(j) business interest limitation - CARES Act changes and new elections.
- Long-awaited technical changes to the depreciation rules and QIP (qualified improvement property).
- Accounting method changes – tax shelters and the new annual election for syndicates.
- ADS, electing real property trades or businesses and Rev. Proc. 2021-28.
- Pandemic-related relief for certain Qualified Opportunity Fund deadlines.
- Rev. Proc. 2020-25 and QIP implementation.
- The current news on the centralized partnership audit rules.
- The SECURE Act makes significant changes to many retirement plan rules.
- The pandemic created lots of tax issues including nexus, where did the employee really work.
- Helpful tips for running your practice in a pandemic.
- Retroactive changes to depreciation - are you ready.
- The IRS has become even more difficult to navigate. We have information to make it easier.
- Other timely topics
1-day course covered in less depth than the 2-day course.
Gear Up is returning to in-person seminars during 2021 with a limited number of in-person offerings in select locations. For a listing of Gear Up sponsored in-person events click here.
CFP Board accepted. Qualifies for CFP credit.
Transfers/Cancellations - In light of the continually evolving COVID-19 situation, we've revised our cancellation policy to afford you the flexibility to confidently pursue the education you need. Click here for policy details.
We partner with sponsoring state associations to provide both live, in-person, and online seminars. To learn where you may reach your local partners click here.
Going virtual has never been easier and a better value!
Does not apply to association or society events.
Click to return to the Gear Up home page on Checkpoint Learning.