The Gear Up Business Entities seminar is designed by tax practitioners for tax practitioners. It is the most comprehensive update and review of tax and economic issues facings small businesses. This course includes coverage of recent legislation, case law developments, and relevant notices, announcements, revenue rulings and procedures to help the busy practitioner stay current.
- FFCRA’s required paid leave and refundable payroll tax credits.
- The CARES Act and relief for employers - the employee retention credit and the payroll tax deferral opportunities, and other payroll changes.
- Coronavirus-related retirement plan distributions - what employers need to know.
- NOLs - a temporary rollback of the TCJA changes to the net operating loss rules.
- IRC Sec. 163(j) business interest limitation - CARES Act changes and new elections.
- Long-awaited technical changes to the depreciation rules and QIP (qualified improvement property).
- Related party rules and their impact on the employee retention credit.
- Accounting method changes for accrual-basis taxpayers - the AFS income inclusion rule and new advanced payment guidance.
- Rev. Proc. 2020-25 and QIP implementation.
- The current news on the centralized partnership audit rules.
- The SECURE Act makes significant changes to many retirement plan rules.
- The pandemic created lots of tax issues including nexus, where did the employee really work.
- Helpful tips for running your practice in a pandemic.
- Retroactive changes to depreciation - are you ready.
- The IRS has become even more difficult to navigate. We have information to make it easier.
- A review of the changes to the miscellaneous issues of TCJA.
- Other timely topics
Early Bird Deadline is: July 1, 2020. Going virtual has never been easier and a better value! For a limited time, take advantage of the lowest price available with industry leading virtual tax and accounting programming from Gear Up.
Does not apply to association or society events.
Click to return to the Gear Up home page on Checkpoint Learning