Employee benefit plans present different challenges for both accountants and financial statement auditors. Whether because of the compliance-driven procedures, regulatory oversight or nature of the financial statements themselves, accountants and auditors recognize that involvement in these plans requires specialized knowledge, experience, and a unique audit approach. This virtual conference focuses on those issues critical to accounting for, auditing and consulting with clients regarding employee benefit plans including Q&A and panel discussions to address your questions and provide opportunities for sharing of best practices.
This conference will help you identify and address the financial reporting, auditing, compliance and consulting issues unique to employee benefit plans.
Who Should Attend?
Accountants, auditors and others with responsibilities related to employee benefit plans.
Aug. 8 – 9, 2018 / 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. CT
- Accounting and Auditing Update: EBP Focused
- Regulatory Update for Group Health Plans
- Fundamentals of Health and Welfare Plans
- Form 5500 for Group Health Plans: Preparation and Filing
- Audit Quality Issues for Audits of EBPs
- Key Efficiency Considerations in Performing EBP Audits
- Service Organizations: Effect on Benefit Plan Audits
- What are QSEHRAs, and Which Employers Might Want to Offer Them?
- Panel Discussion of Key Issues and Q&A
Shawn O’Brien, CPA; Susan Longo, CPA, Ali Haffner, Esq.
Sponsor: Checkpoint Learning
Prerequisites: Knowledge of Employee Benefit Plan Accounting and Auditing
CPE Credits: 12
Field of Study: Accounting, Auditing, Taxes, and Specialized Knowledge
Platform: Presented on LearnLive
Price per participant/per conference: $379.
$199 for subscribers of Checkpoint Learning Premier or Premier Plus CPE packages! Must call 800.231.1860 to register at this special price.
EMPLOYEE BENEFIT PLANS VIRTUAL CONFERENCE
You will be redirected to our AuditWatch RegOnline site to complete this purchase. AuditWatch is part of the Checkpoint Learning portfolio, and key to the registration and delivery of these Virtual Conference events.
CPE Policies & Compliance: